Certified Nurse Aide
If you would like to register for one of our courses, we encourage you to view our course descriptions down below to learn more about the curriculum. Here at Faith Healthcare Training Center, you can rest assured that you will learn from a trusted, tested, and proven team of healthcare professionals who have built their careers around serving patients.
It’s time to better yourself, the industry and most importantly, to better the conditions of your patients. View our courses below to get started.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Course provides 105 hours of training that follows the Indiana State Department of Health 2015 Nurse Aide Curriculum
which consists of basic knowledge and understanding of principles and procedures of nursing care. This course is an Indiana state approved program which provides comprehensive classroom learning and quality hands-on lab and clinical experiences. Successful completion of this course and passing the state examination will prepare individuals for entry-level positions as nursing assistants in various health care settings such as hospitals, private duty, long term care, residential settings, hospice care, home health care, assisted living facilities, etc…
Student Learning Outcome
1. Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of course objectives per curriculum required for certification by the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH). This will be measured by student achievement of a passing course grade of 70% or higher.
2. Students will be able to demonstrate compliance with Scope of Practice and Standard 14. This will be measured by administering a content review quiz on each theory day and a final exam at the end of the course to each student. The core elements of practice include privacy, infection control, residents rights and safety.
3. Students will demonstrate competence with all skills required for certification. This will be measured by administering a skills quiz on each theory day and at the end of the course as part of the final exam to each student. The core elements of practice include privacy, infection control, residents rights and safety.
Course Information and Requirements for Entrance
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Be able to read, comprehend, write and speak English
- Not be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry in revoked status
- Completed online student application ($25 Non- Refundable Fee)
- Valid State or Government issued photo ID
- Social Security Card or Work Visa
- Must pass a basic math and reading comprehension evaluation
- High School Diploma or GED recommended, but NOT required
- Must pass a Limited Criminal Background Check
- Proof of Covid Vaccination or Medical /Religious Exemption **We DO NOT provide any exemption forms**
- Must have a laptop for classroom use
Tuition $1,165 Includes:
- Study Materials (Textbook, Handouts, etc…..)
- (1) White Uniform Scrub Set and (1) Name Badge
- Access to Skill Videos 24/7
- Lab Supplies
- Student Liability Insurance
- Criminal Background Check
- Indiana CNA State Examination Fee
- Preparation for Indiana CNA State Certification Examination
- CPR Certification – American Heart Association
Tuition DOES NOT include:
- Physical Exam
- TB (PPD) Skin Testing
- Chest X-Ray cost for a positive TB skin test
- $25 Student Online Application
- No Personal Checks
- No Cash
- Visa or Mastercard
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check Payable to Faith Healthcare Training Center
- Payment Plan Available upon Request
- 50% due on Mandatory Orientation Day and the remainder 50% balance is due before a student goes to clinicals
- Contact WorkOne at 317-798-0335 as state funding may be available to cover your tuition at 100% (funding MUST be approved prior to the start of class). Our school is a state approved provider for WorkOne.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question #1 – What is a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)?
The main role of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is to provide direct, hands-on care to patients. They assist patients with activities of daily living (ADL’s) such as bathing, dressing, serving meals, feeding, changing bed linens, restocking of supplies, mobility assistance, turning and repositioning, lifting, obtaining and documenting vital signs, etc… It is important for a person who wants to become a CNA to understand the importance of providing compassionate, quality care and they must enjoy helping others. These are qualities that bring enjoyment and fulfillment as a CNA. CNA’s work under the supervision of a licensed personnel such as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. A Certified Nursing Assistant is the backbone of healthcare!
Question #2 – Is FHTC an approved CNA Training Program?
Yes, FHTC is approved by the Indiana State Department of Health to operate a Certified Nurse Aide program. Approval was granted in September 2019.
Question #3 – Is there a pre-entrance exam to take?
Yes, each student will need to complete and pass a basic math and reading comprehension exam with an 80% or higher.
Question #4 – Where can CNA’s work?
CNA’s can work in various healthcare settings such as hospitals, long term care facilities, home health care, residential settings, long term acute care hospitals, hospice care, etc…
Question #5 – How old do I have to be to take the CNA course?
FHTC requires an individual to be at least 16 years of age or older.
Question #6 – Do I need a high school diploma or GED to start the course?
You are NOT required to have a high school diploma or GED, but it is recommended as some employers may require it.
Question #7 – Are you guaranteed a job after completion of the course?
FHTC does not guarantee job placement because it is your responsibility to pass all requirements of the training program. There will be opportunities for you to apply to open positions at the nursing facilities where you complete your clinicals at. In addition, job openings throughout the city will be posted on our Social Media sites.
Question #8 – Do you offer financial aid?
FHTC does not offer financial aid. We do offer payment plans and we are an approved training provider for WorkOne.
Question #9 – How long is the course?
Our course can be completed in less than 20 days over a 6-7 week period.
Question #10 – When do I take the state exam and how much does it cost?
Once a student has completed the course and a Certificate of Completion has been issued, FHTC will submit your application to test along with the $75 fee which is included in your tuition.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
A student is eligible for a full refund upon requesting to withdraw from the CNA course within 72 hours of enrollment / registration, before the mandatory orientation day and before the first day of class. In order to withdraw from the course a student must complete and submit a withdrawal form which can be found under Student Resource tab of website.
If the withdrawal form is submitted after 72 hours of registration / enrollment, after a student has attended the mandatory orientation day, but before classes have begun, a refund will be given except for an $150 administrative fee. The $150.00 administrative fee is included in a student initial tuition payment. Any course materials provided to the student must be returned in good condition before a refund is provided.
If the withdrawal form is submitted after classes have begun the remaining tuition and fees will be refunded as follows:
After 1st Class Session: 75% refund of tuition
After 2nd Class Session: 50% refund of tuition
After 3rd Class Session: No Refund
A full refund will be given if the applicant is not accepted by the school.
Refunds will be processed via being mailed to the student at the address provided within 30 days from the withdrawal form request or via credit / debit card which was used when student enrolled / registered.
Official date of termination is the date that the withdrawal request form is turned in to the office. Once classes have started, if a student is dismissed from the course for a violation of the student conduct policy NO refund of tuition and fees will be granted.
Need the Class Schedule?
Click the link below to download it.